Safe Harbor Lab Rescue’s mission is to successfully rehome stray or surrendered Labrador Retrievers in Colorado by offering medical care, training resources and breed education.
Some Facts and Figures about Safe Harbor Lab Rescue
- Safe Harbor was founded in May 2002 by two Lab lovers with help from Golden Retriever Rescue of the Rockies (GRRR).
- Through November 2009, over 1,300 Labs have been rescued.
- We are a non-profit charitable 501(c)3 corporation; donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
- A Board of Directors is responsible for the stewardship of the SHLR.
- We currently rescue and rehome over 250 Labs per year.
- We are an all volunteer organization with no salary expense. Our work is done by teams of volunteers dedicated to Lab Intake, Medical Care, Foster Care, Transportation, Adoption, Behavior Assessment, Website Management, Fundraising/Community Events and Hotline and Email response.
- We are proud that 94% of our expenditures are used to care for our rescued Labs. Most of our costs are for medical care.
- We are members of All Breed Rescue Network (ABRN).
How Do They Care for the Labs In Their Program?
- All are vetted. They receive a health examination, basic shots, a heartworm test, are microchipped and are spayed or neutered. Other health needs are addressed.
- All are placed in foster care. While in our care we strive to learn as much as possible about each individual to maximize a successful placement.
- There is no time limit on how long an adoptable Lab remains in our program.
- Our rescued Labs are placed in adoptive homes that have been thoroughly screened. Requirements for adoption include: An adoption application, reference checks, phone interview, meeting the Lab, a formal adoption agreement adoption and an adoption fee.
Help The Labs!
Donations to help with the substantial costs of caring for over 250 Labs a year are always appreciated. As with people, good medical care is expensive; many of our Labs are sick or hurt upon arrival. Send your donation to our mailbox address below.Or go to their web site, http://www.safeharborlabrescue.org/ , and donate via pay pal.
Safe Harbor Lab Rescue
601 16th Street #C-322
Golden, Colorado 80401
(We do not have a shelter/facility. All of our Labs are in foster care throughout the Metro area.)